Cleaning and Protecting Your Most Valuable Asset. Your Home
What SERVPRO professionals can do for you and your home....
Fire, Smoke, and Soot Cleanup and Restoration
Pretesting helps SERVPRO determine what type of fire has taken place. Knowing the types of smoke and their behavior patterns are vital to proper restoration.
Water Removal and Dehumidification
SERVPRO identifies the source and type of water, which determines the proper course of action; Drying equipment controls temperature and humidity, minimizing secondary damage.
Crime Scene, Biohazard and Vandalism Cleanup
SERVPRO technicians are trained to safely and effectively clean biohazardous substances and prepare waste for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA and state and local health regulations.
Mold Mitigation and Remediation
SERVPRO work to control and remediate mold contaminants while protecting the health and safety of you and our family.
Contents Claim Inventory Service
Accurate inventory helps keep costs low and reduces job completion time. SERVPRO can provide an itemized room-by-room loss inventory.
Air Duct and HVAC Cleaning
SERVPRO can inspect your HVAC system and ductwork. Cleaning services can be provided to help restore peak energy efficiency, eliminate offensive odors and improve indoor air quality.
Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaning and Care
SERVPRO uses the latest IICRC training as well as state-of-the-art equipment to remove entrapped soils from deep within your carpet's pile and backings.
Stain Removal, Stain Resistance Applications
Using IICRC standards for carpet as a guide, SERVPRO will show you what cleaning option would be best for your carpet's level of soiling and explain the benefits of soil protection.
Odor Identification and Deodorization
SERVPRO will find the source of the odor and determine the best methods to neutralize and eliminate the odor from your home.
Upholstery and Drapes: Wet or Dry Cleaning Methods
Fabrics are inspected and tested to determine the safest and most effective cleaning method.
Faster To Any Disaster
Fire an water damages are never scheduled, but are you prepared? From a burst pipe in an office building to faulty wiring in an apartment complex- fire and water losses are never planned, but they do occur.
SERVPRO professionals can manage the damage . We have...
- Over 40 years of business in the cleanup and restoration industry
- More than 1,500 franchises serving 48 states
- Detailed communication throughout the cleaning and restoration process helps keep you informed and in control
- Experience and traning in mitigation damages ranging from sinlge family homes to skyscrapers, and even the Pentagon.
1-4-8 Service Response Guidelines
- Within one hour from notice of loss, a SERVPRO representative will contact you to arrange for service
- Within four hours of loss notification, a SERVPRO representative will be on-site to start mitigation services
- Within eight business hours of on-site arrival, a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to the appropriate person
Quick response is everything. It may help avoid revenue loss for property owners and minimize inconvenience to tenants. Also, restoration services can help resume normal business functions quickly while avoiding costly construction downtime.
Need some restoration services? Call SERVPRO today!
Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists can restore your Spartanburg Home
SERVPRO of South Spartanburg is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of South Spartanburg
SERVPRO of South Spartanburg specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Why Choose SERVPRO?
Reduce Claims Loss Expense
Mitigation requires quick action. The faster SERVPRO can arrive on-site to perform water and smoke cleanup, the better the results, including lower claim costs.
Service Response Guidelines
- Within one hour from notice of loss, SERVPRO will contact your insured to arrange for service
- Within four hours of loss notification, SERVPRO will be on-site to start the mitigation process
- Within eight business hours of on-site arrival, a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to the adjuster
Faster Work Completion
No more waiting days for a contractor to respond when every hour counts. SERVPRO of South Spartanburg is dedicated to providing 24-hour emergency service, 365 days a year.
SERVPRO professionals arrive quickly and are trained and equipped to help you regain control of your life when disaster strikes.
Winter Time Fires
A fire caused by the misuse of a fire place.
The freezing temperatures are approaching and that means everyone is going to do what they can to stay warm. What people do not think about is the damages one could cause while trying to stay warm on a cold day.
Cold weather means turning up the heat and the use of other heating methods like space heaters, heat blanket, candles, and fire places. All of these things can light up the room if used improperly like keeping them on for too long or placing some of these heat sources too close to flammable objects.
Chilly winter air contains less moisture compared to the air in the other seasons throughout the year. Because of the chilly air, the physical wood structure of the home becomes drier which can lead to electrical fires under the right conditions.
The older the home the more likely it is to be a potential ball of fire. For example, the Clintons' house was built in 1889. An electrical fire occurred and an electrical fire happens when too much electricity is pulled through older wires that cannot handle the capacity.
To prevent these potential problems, have an annual safety inspection to make sure your home is not at risk of lighting up in flames. Here is something to think about, although the total numbers of fire during the winter decreases, the number of structural fires increase.
Spartanburg 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of South Spartanburg provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in Spartanburg, SC.
SERVPRO of South Spartanburg County is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - (864)576-2430
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of South Spartanburg County has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of South Spartanburg County
SERVPRO of South Spartanburg County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
The Most Common Causes of House Fires
This fire was caused by a candle that was burning for too long with no supervision.
According to U.S. Fire Departments, on average there are about 358,500 home structure fires that occur each year. Fires can happen unexpectedly, but there are several common reasons why fires occur.
- Children playing with fire
- Electrical and Lighting
- Christmas Trees
These are only several causes of a house fire, but there are many more. If you or someone you know has been affected by a fire, let SERVPRO of South Spartanburg be the first person you call to take care of the damages. We provide 24 hour service so our team is always on call and ready to take on any job. We have a certified production team and certified equipment to make sure the job gets done right!
Attic Water Damage Prevention
This attic suffered water damage that was not spotted and treated so it lead to the grow of mold.
Attic water damage has quite a few causes and has multiple consequences as well. Attic water damage can lead to roof repairs, replacement of attic beams, insulation removal, sheetrock replacement, carpet replacement, and many more. Here are some tips to help prevent you from having to replace/repair things in your attic.
- Inspect the roof regularly. When it rains, water may creep under split shingles and make its way into the attic. It ruins the walls and ceilings on its way down.
- Prevent ruptured pipes. Usually the pipe lines run through the attic. If this is the case, make sure to insulate all exposed pipes to prevent them from rupturing over the winter. Also check for any tiny holes and check the joints to make sure that they are still in tact and not leaking.
- Control condensation. If your attic does not have some type of roof vent to circulate the air up there, you might want to look into getting a powered vent fan to improve the circulation of air and prevent condensation.
- Maintain attic appliances. Typically water heaters are installed in the attic. To prevent any water damage caused by the water heater, make sure it is flushed out regularly. If there is a central A/C unit in the attic, make sure you are checking the condensate drains and making sure that those drains are not clogged up.
Hopefully these tips will help you prevent any water damage from occurring in your attic. Taking the time to inspect all of this free, paying for damages is not. Call SERVPRO for any questions, comments, or concerns about your attic.
How To Remove Mold From Clothing
As you can see in the picture, mold has found its new home.
Imagine waking up in the morning getting ready for work and you open your closet to find your outfit for the day and realize that your clothes have mold on them. The first thing you should do is asses the severity of it and decide whether this situation calls for a professional or it is okay to deal with at home. You decide to take care of it at home here is what you do to get the mold off of your clothes.
- First things first when handling things with mold, make sure to wear protective gloves to keep mold spores off your skin and wear mask to prevent you from inhaling mold spores
- Next, take the clothes outside with a brush and brush all the mold that you can off the piece of clothing
- Then soak the clothes in cold water to loosen the stains. After that wash them in hot water with your regular detergent and had 3/4 cup of vinegar into the mix. That will sanitize the clothing and eliminate and odor
- Lastly, make sure to completely dry the clothes and with the weather permits, hang the clothes out in the sunlight.
Before putting your newly mold free clothes back into the closet, make sure that the source of the mold growth is taken care of. Call SERVPRO and we will locate the source and take care of your mold problem!
3 Winter Roof Damage Issues Business Owners Need To Know
The heavy snow caused the roof to cave in.
Winter can be a hard time for business owners. Winter can cause damage to their homes but they also have to worry about their business. Here are some common issues that business owners need to be aware of as winter approaches.
Ice Dam Formation
When the warm air is rising from the inside of your building, it loosens the shingles as well as the snow on top of the shingles. The melted snow travels to colder parts of the roof where it freezes once again. That creates a blockade for the other snow that melts and falls which causes the water sitting there to seep through the lose shingles or any cracks on that roof. This will lead to water leaking into your building. One good way to prevent this is to keep the gutter clean and install a heat trace cable in the gutter to melt the snow and keep that flow going.
Similar to the ice dam formation, icicles are formed when the snow on the roof travels then freezes up on the edge of the roof. They can cause damage to your shingles and gutter and fall on the pedestrians walking by. The simple tactic of using a rake and removing the icicles should do the trick.
Heavy Rooftop Snow Loads
All roofs are designed and built differently, which means they all support different weights. If a huge snow storm hits and your roof is left with a very large load of snow on it, your roof is running a very high risk of collapsing. And if it is bad enough, it can all fall through into your building and damage the contents in your building. If you see any signs of this problem call SERVPRO immediately.
With all of this being said, having a roof inspection before anything hits is a good idea to keep the building in good shape and everything inside that building. These points can also apply to your home as well.